For smooth and effective functioning of our system, the management has
framed a few rules and regulations to be adhered which will ensure effective
education for your children.
1. Academic Year
• The academic year starts in the month of April and ends in the month of March.
• There are two terms for proper and systematic functioning of the institution.
• Admissions for the new academic session begin in the month of December
• Brochures and application forms can be obtained from the school office.
• Admission to the school is restricted by certain policies of the management and by the conditions of age, ability and conduct. Hence applicants for admission will be tested and admitted in the grade they are found fit.
• Admission to any class in kindergarten will be on the basis of interaction.
• At the time of admission, the students should be personally introduced to the principal, by his or her parents or guardian, who will be responsible to the school authorities for his or her studies, conduct, regularity and discipline.
3. School Uniform
The school emphasizes on “Uniform Formalities to a great extent.
Students are expected to respect the school uniform and are compulsorily required to attend school, wearing proper uniform on all the working days.
• Students have to attend the school in proper uniform as prescribed by the school. The uniform for games and sports must be worn on the days specified.
• Students of all classes must be neatly dressed, with their nails clipped and shoes neatly polished.
• Boys should sport a short hair style.
• Girls are expected to come in double plaits; Boys are expected to trim their hair regularly, Ornaments, bangles and anklets are not allowed in school. Students should always come to school in proper uniform.
• Students should always be neatly dressed, with their shoes polished and hair combed properly. Students who are not properly dressed will be sent back home. The school uniform to be worn on all working days and for all public functions.
• Students must wear their ID cards at all times in school and in the school bus. The loss of the ID card must be reported to the class teacher. A new one will be issued on payment of Rs. 200/-
4. Bus rules
• Bus facility is extended to all children.
• Children need to remain seated in the bus at all times and not put their limbs or head out of the bus. They must talk softly and listen to the bus attendant.
• Children misbehaving in the bus will be barred or suspended from using this facility.
• Students must report to the stop a few minutes before the scheduled time.
• During the return journey, in case the parent / guardian are not present at the stop, the child will be brought back to the school. It is then the responsibility of the parent/ guardian to pick up the child.
5. Cafeteria Rules
• To provide wholesome and nutritious food to the students, the school runs a Cafeteria:
• Lunch is provided to all students.
• In the dining hall all students are expected to maintain order and discipline.
• They must not waste food.
• They should follow proper etiquette at the table.
6. Library Rules
• Books are issued to the students during the Library Period as mentioned in their timetable. The same is recorded in the library record in the diary.
• It is the borrowers’ responsibility to keep the books safe and in good condition.
• If the borrower loses the book he/she will have to replace the same.
7. Laboratory Rules
• Students are allowed in the labs only during practicals.
• If any equipment is broken or damaged by the students, the cost will be recovered from the students concerned
8. Excursions Field trips and Tours.
• These are organized for the enrichment of the students during the school year. Though every precaution will be taken for the safety of the child, it is to be understood that parents can’t hold the school responsible for any mishaps.
9. (a) Sickness during school hours
We are committed to work in partnership with our parent community to ensure the welfare of students who may be sick while at school. Adequate st eps are developed for the care of children in all aspects of pupil safety and health while at school. A qualified nurse is responsible for the overall control of the infirmary. If a student is sent to the Infirmary from the class, the nurse will inform the parent. In case of accidents, parents will be informed immediately. If the parent is not available and there is an emergency situation, the school may act on behalf of the parent and accompany the student to the hospital.
(b) Infirmary Norms
The school shall not keep any general medication in the Infirmary. The nurse is permitted to administer medicine only if the medicines are provided by the parent and a letter to the effect of dosages and timings is signed and given by the parent, any oral instructions from the parent will not be entertained, before leaving the gate. It is the parents’ responsibility to take their children to a doctor and to ensure that they are well enough to return to school. Students should not be sent to school if they are ill as it may cause infection to others The Infirmary should not be used as a babysitting service by the Parents.
(c) Allergies or Daily medication
Any allergy the child has, should be informed to the nurse in writing. In case of any medication to be administered, the same should be informed to the nurse in writing specifying the dosage and the intervals.
10. Birthday Rules
• Students are permitted to come in decent civil dress on their Birthday and join the choir in the morning assembly that will be hosted by the school.
• The students may donate a book to the library.
• Exchange of gifts will not be allowed. Pupils may bring soft toffees or small chocolates for distribution among classmates. Please note that cutting cake in the school is not allowed.
School transport is mandatory and students can avail the facility subject to the availability of seats. The routes of the school buses are drawn up and the parents should consult the school transport in charge for necessary details. Students using school transport shall be charged on Term basis. In case a student leaves the school during the quarter he/she must submit an application to the fee desk in the school office in advance. Transport Fee will be charged for the period of 11 months.
All students are expected to be at the bus-stop at least five minutes before the arrival of the bus.
Note : Changes in the bus route will not be entertained in the middle of the academic year